Marketing Specialist for Enrollment
Pay Status and Classification: Exempt, Regular Full-time
Supervisor: Senior Associate Dean of Admissions, and the Chief Marketing Officer
Position Purpose: Works collaboratively as part of a team to develop and implement marketing strategies, enhancing the College's enrollment goals and visibility. Creates content for email, web, and print communication. Coordinates production, schedules campaigns, manages third-party outreach, and establishes project timelines to meet deadlines.
Essential Responsibilities and Duties:
- Project Management & Evaluation: Implements and monitors undergraduate recruitment marketing campaigns, including emails, collateral for third-party platforms, web pages, and print materials. Manage production timelines. Tracks engagement and utilizes reporting dashboards to produce regular reports on progress for review by the Marketing & Communications and Admissions teams.
- Content Creation: Creates engaging and informative content that resonates with prospective students and families, utilizing traditional, new, and emerging technologies. Researches, writes, and/or edits communications. Implements strategies for multiple digital properties, including Slate-based email and portal projects, the Drupal-based Admissions site, and third-party platforms such as Niche, Common App, SCOIR, Hobsons/Naviance.
- Collaboration: Builds and maintains relationships within the admissions office and across the College community. Meets regularly with the Chief Marketing Officer on various marketing and communications-related projects as assigned. Works closely with students, faculty, and staff to collect narratives and testimonials that showcase the enriching College experience. Collaborates with colleagues in Communications & Marketing to develop multimedia for recruitment – spanning email, web pages, social media, and collateral for on-campus and virtual visits.
- Bachelor’s degree and related experience, or a combination of relevant education, training, certifications, and/or work experience.
- Experience working in higher education marketing or undergraduate admissions is preferred.
- Experience creating marketing content with excellent writing, editing and proofreading skills, and with a strong attention to detail.
- Experience with HyperText Markup Language (HTML)/Cascading Style Sheets (CSS) preferred.
- Familiarity with Associated Press (AP) style. Working knowledge of graphic design, photo and video editing software, preferably Adobe Creative Suite (Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop, Premiere Pro, After Effects).
- Experience using the customer relationship management (CRM) and application system, Technolutions Slate, or willingness to become proficient in Slate upon hiring.
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work effectively under pressure in a fast-paced, changing environment and meet established goals.
- Analytical skills to interpret and analyze data.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and meet deadlines.
- Experience building strong professional relationships with key stakeholders and decision-makers.
- Able to foster and enhance a thriving, culturally diverse, and inclusive learning community, while promoting a sense of belonging among students, alumni, faculty, and staff colleagues.
We are committed to recruiting diverse and excellent faculty and staff colleagues, and we recognize that successful candidates may come from a range of backgrounds. We know some job candidates may believe they need to meet every qualification listed in the position description, in particular the preferred qualifications. We encourage you to apply, even if you do not meet every one of the listed preferred qualifications.
Note: All new hires of Union College are subject to a thorough education, work experience, and criminal history background check.
The annual salary range for this position is $59,000-$61,000. Except for roles with a set rate of pay, the wage/salary of the finalist selected for this role will be set based on a variety of factors, including but not limited to departmental budgets, qualifications, experience, education, licenses, specialty, and training. The stated hiring rate/range represents the College’s good faith and reasonable estimate of the rate/range of possible compensation at the time of posting.
We offer exceptional benefits including:
- Generous Vacation, Sick and Personal Time
- Winter and Summer Recess Break in Addition to Paid Holidays
- Healthcare, Dental, and Vision Insurance (Flexible Spending and Dependent Care Accounts)
- Free On-Campus Fitness Facility Access and Discounts for On-Campus Wellness Programs
- Employee Scholarships toward Certifications, Seminars, Training and Professional Development
- Pre and Post Tax participation in a 403(b) Retirement Plan
- Salary Continuation Program in the event of Disability
- Tuition Assistance Program for Employee, Spouse and/or Dependents
If you require an accommodation throughout the interview process, please don't hesitate to contact our Human Resources department at email@example.com or 518-388-6108. We are committed to ensuring that all candidates have equal access to opportunities and can participate in a fair and inclusive hiring process.
Diversity at Union College
Union College is an equal-opportunity employer and is strongly committed to student and workforce diversity. Increasing diversity on campus is a critical priority for Union, one that is integral to our mission of preparing students for a globally interconnected world. Union provides a blend of intellectual, social, and cultural opportunities to facilitate the integrated academic, social, and personal development of a diverse community. We value and are committed to a host of diverse populations and cultures including, but not limited to, those based on race, religion, disability, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, national origin, and veteran status. Union College is committed to providing access and will provide reasonable accommodation in its application process to individuals with disabilities who request such accommodations.
Union College will not discriminate in the recruitment or selection of faculty and employees, or in any other area of employment, on the basis of age, sex, race, national origin, religion, religious belief, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, and veteran status. In this regard, opportunities for advancement will be made available without bias. The College is also subject to state and federal laws and supports efforts to attract and retain fully qualified women and other minority group members for faculty and other positions. Union College will comply with the letter and intent of all State and Federal laws and applicable orders pursuant to Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action.
Officially chartered in 1795, Union College is the fifth-oldest liberal arts college in the country. Located in the Capital District of New York State, Union is a highly selective residential and undergraduate college, home to 2,200 students and 220 faculty, and offering 44 majors. Union was the first liberal arts college to rethink the traditional liberal arts education and adopt an engineering curriculum. That pioneering approach continues today with an education that encourages students to work beyond the limits of disciplinary boundaries, allowing them to think globally and lead innovatively in a world where problem-solving requires breadth across humanities, arts, social sciences, science, and engineering.