Application Programmer Analyst
Pay Status and Classification: Exempt, Regular Full Time. This position is eligible for a hybrid work schedule.
Supervisor: Director of Enterprise Applications
Position Purpose: Reporting to the Director of Enterprise Applications, this position provides software technology support for all enterprise applications at Union College. This involves working with internal and external stakeholders to obtain and analyze business requirements, design, develop, configure and test solutions. Additionally, this role will provide on-going operational support of end user service requests and incidents.
Essential Responsibilities and Duties:
- Operational Support: Provides operational support for numerous Enterprise Applications including our Finance/Human Resource ERP, Student Information System, Reporting and Integration platforms. Responds to Help Desk tickets in a timely manner by resolving or routing as necessary. Works with functional and technical subject matter experts to troubleshoot and resolve issues. Performs routine system and security administration maintenance activities including patching, upgrades, etc. Maintains process, procedure and system documentation.
- Project Support: Develops understanding of affected business processes. Contributes to planning, analyzing, developing and supporting new solutions.
- Collaboration and Innovation: Provides input on the continuous improvement of services (e.g. integrations, reporting, etc.). Works and partners with all members of the ITS department and campus stakeholders.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field with 1-3 years related experience. Combination of relevant education, training, certifications, and/or work experience will be taken into consideration.
- Knowledge of Enterprise Resource Planning solutions (e.g. Workday) and Student Information Systems (e.g. Ellucian Colleague).
- Experience with various database structures (i.e. flat-file, relational, object oriented).
- Knowledge of business intelligence and analytics concepts and tools (i.e.ad-hoc query, reporting, analytics).
- Knowledge of data and/or application integration concepts and tools (e.g. REST, SOAP, JSON).
- Experience with scripting languages like SQL, Python, PowerShell, etc.
- Knowledge of cybersecurity concepts (e.g. application security permissions).
- Able to learn new and support new technology including administration and applicable programming languages.
- Able to work in a team environment and as an individual contributor.
- Exceptional verbal, written, analytical and organizational skills as well as attention to detail.
- Able to foster and enhance a thriving, culturally diverse, and inclusive learning community, while promoting a sense of belonging among students, alumni, faculty, and staff colleagues.
- Able to proactively identify and pursue relevant learning and professional development opportunities and apply new knowledge, insights, and skills to enhance results.
We know some job seekers may not apply for career opportunities unless they meet every qualification in the position description including the preferred qualifications. We are most interested in hiring the best staff and faculty colleagues, and recognize that a successful candidate may come from a less traditional career path. We encourage you to apply, even if you don’t believe you meet every one of our preferred qualifications.
Note: All new hires of Union College are subject to a thorough education, work experience, and criminal history background check.
The annual salary for this position is $55,715.00. Except for roles with a set rate of pay, the wage/salary of the finalist selected for this role will be set based on a variety of factors, including but not limited to departmental budgets, qualifications, experience, education, licenses, specialty, and training. The stated hiring rate/range represents the College’s good faith and reasonable estimate of the rate/range of possible compensation at the time of posting.
We offer exceptional benefits including:
- Generous Vacation, Sick and Personal Time
- Winter Recess Break in Addition to Paid Holidays
- Healthcare, Dental, and Vision Insurance (Flexible Spending and Dependent Care Accounts)
- Free On-Campus Fitness Facility Access and Discounts for On-Campus Wellness Programs
- Employee Scholarships toward Certifications, Seminars, Training and Professional Development
- Pre and Post Tax participation in a 403(b) Retirement Plan
- Salary Continuation Program in the event of Disability
- Tuition Assistance Program for Employee, Spouse and/or Dependents
If you require an accommodation throughout the interview process, please don't hesitate to contact our Human Resources department at firstname.lastname@example.org or 518-388-6108. We are committed to ensuring that all candidates have equal access to opportunities and can participate in a fair and inclusive hiring process.
Diversity at Union College
Union College is an equal opportunity employer and strongly committed to student and workforce diversity. Increasing diversity on campus is a critical priority for Union, one that is integral to our mission of preparing students for a globally interconnected world. Union provides a blend of intellectual, social and cultural opportunities to facilitate the integrated academic, social and personal development of a diverse community. We value and are committed to a host of diverse populations and cultures including, but not limited to, those based on race, religion, disability, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, national origin and veteran status. Union College is committed to providing access and will provide reasonable accommodation in its application process to individuals with disabilities that request such accommodations.
Officially chartered in 1795, Union College is the fifth oldest liberal arts college in the country. Located in the Capital District of New York State, Union is a highly selective residential and undergraduate college, home to 2,200 students and 220 faculty, and offering 44 majors. Union was the first liberal arts college to rethink the traditional liberal arts education and adopt an engineering curriculum. That pioneering approach continues today with an education that encourages students to work beyond the limits of disciplinary boundaries, allowing them to think globally and lead innovatively in a world where problem solving requires breadth across humanities, arts, social sciences, science, and engineering.