Union College, a highly selective liberal arts institution located in Schenectady, New York is accepting applications for the position of Assistant Coach of Men's and Women's Cross Country and Track & Field. Union College is an NCAA multi-classified institution that sponsors 26 intercollegiate sports. Ice Hockey competes in Division I ECAC Hockey, and 24 sports compete in the Division III Liberty League.
- Bachelor’s degree and/or a combination of relevant education, training, certifications, and/or work experience.
- Evidence of at least three years successful cross country/track & field coaching experience preferred.
- An understanding of NCAA rules and regulations, along with a philosophy compatible with a liberal arts college with highly selective academic standards.
- Demonstrated ability to recruit quality student-athletes.
- Strong organizational, interpersonal, communication and computer skills.
- Ability to work with successfully with a diverse group of individuals.
- Assisting the Head Coach in all phases of the men's and women's cross country/track & field programs.
- Coaching practices and meets
- Recruiting prospective student-athletes
- Student-athlete development
- Ensuring academic success of student-athletes
- Practice and meet planning
- Rules and compliance tasks
The College is committed to excellence in academics and athletics, diversity and a well-balanced, broad based intercollegiate athletics program dedicated to the concept of the student-athlete.
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until position is filled. First consideration will be given to those applications received by July 25th.
We offer exceptional benefits including
- Generous Vacation, Sick and Personal Time
- Winter Recess Break in Addition to Paid Holidays
- Healthcare, Dental, and Vision Insurance (Flexible Spending and Dependent Care Accounts)
- Free On-Campus Fitness Facility Access and Discounts for On-Campus Wellness Programs
- Employee Scholarships toward Certifications, Seminars, Training and Professional Development
- Pre and Post Tax participation in a 403(b) Retirement Plan
- Salary Continuation Program in the event of Disability
- Tuition Assistance Program for Employee, Spouse and/or Dependents
Note: All new hires of Union College are subject to a thorough education, work experience, and criminal history background check.
Officially chartered in 1795, Union College is the fifth oldest liberal arts college in the country. Located in the Capital District of New York State, Union is a highly selective residential and undergraduate college, home to 2,200 students and 220 faculty, and offering 44 majors. Union was the first liberal arts college to rethink the traditional liberal arts education and adopt an engineering curriculum. That pioneering approach continues today with an education that encourages students to work beyond the limits of disciplinary boundaries, allowing them to think globally and lead innovatively in a world where problem solving requires breadth across humanities, arts, social sciences, science, and engineering.
Diversity at Union College
Union College is an equal opportunity employer and strongly committed to student and workforce diversity. Increasing diversity on campus is a critical priority for Union, one that is integral to our mission of preparing students for a globally interconnected world. Union provides a blend of intellectual, social and cultural opportunities to facilitate the integrated academic, social and personal development of a diverse community. We value and are committed to a host of diverse populations and cultures including, but not limited to, those based on race, religion, disability, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, national origin and veteran status. Union College is committed to providing access and will provide reasonable accommodation in its application process to individuals with disabilities that request such accommodations.
Union College will not discriminate in the recruitment or selection of faculty and employees, or in any other area of employment, on the basis of age, sex, race, national origin, religion, religious belief, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression and veteran status. In this regard, opportunities for advancement will be made available without bias. The College is also subject to state and federal laws, supports efforts to attract and retain fully qualified women and other minority group members for faculty and other positions. Union College will comply with the letter and intent of all State and Federal laws and applicable orders pursuant to Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action.