Officially chartered in 1795, Union College is the fifth oldest liberal arts college in the country. Located in the Capital District of New York State, Union is a highly selective residential and undergraduate college, home to 2,200 students and 220 faculty, and offering 44 majors. Union was the first liberal arts college to rethink the traditional liberal arts education and adopt an engineering curriculum. That pioneering approach continues today with an education that encourages students to work beyond the limits of disciplinary boundaries, allowing them to think globally and lead innovatively in a world where problem solving requires breadth across humanities, arts, social sciences, science, and engineering.
Union College is seeking a dynamic, collaborative, and service-oriented professional to serve as its new Director of Talent Acquisition. Reporting to the Chief Human Resources Officer, the Director of Talent Acquisition will manage the end-to-end candidate experience, starting with sourcing talent to the interview and selection process through offers and onboarding. Oversight of talent acquisition technology is an important component of this role. The individual will collaboratively partner with College leaders and hiring managers to guide them through the recruiting process to build their teams.
Key areas of focus will include creating a recruiting playbook: including intake meetings, interview guides, job description libraries, and fostering diversity, equity and inclusion practices. The individual will design and deliver interviewer training programs and guidelines and serve as a go-to person for all hiring managers. The Director of Talent Acquisition will also oversee international hiring, best practices relating to attracting diverse talent and assess equity and market-based compensation relating to hiring and retention.
The individual should have experience developing and leveraging appropriate metrics to inform recruiting decisions and drive performance effectiveness.
Successful candidates will possess the following qualifications:
- 6-10 years of experience in Talent Acquisition
- Bachelor or Masters Degree(s)
- Demonstrated aptitude with recruiting technology (PageUp a plus)
- Team player with a high sense of urgency to interact at all levels of the organization
- Demonstrated ability to think creatively, strategically, and operationally with strong analytical skills
- Demonstrated proficiencies as a leader in a rapidly changing environment
- Ability to communicate effectively as a change agent, influencing leadership, hiring managers and team members
- Process improvement experience and exposure including understanding and use of project management and efficiency methodologies
- Higher education experience preferred
- Experience with Talent Management or as an HR Generalist a plus
- Understanding and experience managing hiring related immigration issues
- Experience driving diverse and inclusive sourcing and hiring practices
We offer exceptional benefits including, but not limited to the following:
- Generous Vacation, Sick and Personal Time
- Winter Recess Break in Addition to Paid Holidays
- Healthcare, Dental, and Vision Insurance (Flexible Spending and Dependent Care Accounts)
- Free On-Campus Fitness Facility Access and Discounts for On-Campus Wellness Programs
- Employee Scholarships toward Certifications, Seminars, Training and Professional Development
- Pre and Post Tax Contributions to the 403(b) Retirement Plan
- Salary Continuation Program in the event of Disability
- Tuition Assistance Program for Employee, Spouse and/or Dependents
Note: All new hires of Union College are subject to a thorough education, work experience, and criminal history background check.
Diversity at Union College
Union College is an equal opportunity employer and strongly committed to student and workforce diversity. Increasing diversity on campus is a critical priority for Union, one that is integral to our mission of preparing students for a globally interconnected world. Union provides a blend of intellectual, social and cultural opportunities to facilitate the integrated academic, social and personal development of a diverse community. We value and are committed to a host of diverse populations and cultures including, but not limited to, those based on race, religion, disability, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, national origin and veteran status. Union College is committed to providing access and will provide reasonable accommodation in its application process to individuals with disabilities that request such accommodations.
Union College will not discriminate in the recruitment or selection of faculty and employees, or in any other area of employment, on the basis of age, sex, race, national origin, religion, religious belief, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression and veteran status. In this regard, opportunities for advancement will be made available without bias. The College is also subject to state and federal laws, supports efforts to attract and retain fully qualified women and other minority group members for faculty and other positions. Union College will comply with the letter and intent of all State and Federal laws and applicable orders pursuant to Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action.