Social Media Coordinator
Supervisor: Director of Digital and Content Strategy
Position Purpose: Under the direction of the Director of Digital and Content Strategy, will be responsible for content coordination and community management. They will assist with optimizing the various Union online and social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Twitter, YouTube and TikTok) to increase brand awareness and to inform and engage key audiences including potential and current students, parents, academic peers, alumni, friends and more.
Essential Responsibilities and Duties:
- Social Media: Posts on social media daily, using best practices and posting times. Checks social and digital accounts daily for alerts and mentions, and responds accordingly. Connects followers with appropriate college staff with courteous, informed, professional engagement. Coordinate the monthly, weekly, and daily social media content calendars to provide an appropriate mix of content alongside the Director of Digital and Content Strategy. Provides new content ideas - thinks outside the box with storytelling and uses innovative ways to tell the Union story.
- Collaboration: Works with individuals across campus to promote their content and stay informed of activities and programming at Union, especially as it relates to recruitment, retention and alumni engagement. Works with communications and creative teams to produce and edit content to ensure social channels are updated with brand-appropriate posts.
- Additional Tasks: Provides training on social media best practices to other individuals as requested. Creates and updates content for Union.edu as needed. Assists with content creation and production of The Chronicle, Union’s weekly employee e-newsletter. Offers to pitch in to help colleagues during crunch times and overlapping deliverables.
- Bachelor’s degree and experience managing social media presence professionally and/or or a combination of relevant education, training, certifications, and/or work experience.
- Ability to work nights and weekends when necessary.
- Demonstrated experience coordinating social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, TikTok, and LinkedIn) and developing social media content for a well established brand, company, and/or organization.
- Knowledge of social media scheduling and analytics software, such as Sprout Social, Google Analytics, etc.
- Competency with Adobe Photoshop and the ability to complete some graphic design work, aligned with Union branding and standards.
- Demonstrated experience with graphic design.
- Familiarity with e-mail marketing creation and strategies.
We offer exceptional benefits including:
- Generous Vacation, Sick and Personal Time
- Winter Recess Break in Addition to Paid Holidays
- Healthcare, Dental, and Vision Insurance (Flexible Spending and Dependent Care Accounts)
- Free On-Campus Fitness Facility Access and Discounts for On-Campus Wellness Programs
- Employee Scholarships toward Certifications, Seminars, Training and Professional Development
- Pre and Post Tax participation in a 403(b) Retirement Plan
- Salary Continuation Program in the event of Disability
- Tuition Assistance Program for Employee, Spouse and/or Dependents
- Note: All new hires of Union College are subject to a thorough education, work experience, and criminal history background check.
Officially chartered in 1795, Union College is the fifth oldest liberal arts college in the country. Located in the Capital District of New York State, Union is a highly selective residential and undergraduate college, home to 2,200 students and 220 faculty, and offering 44 majors. Union was the first liberal arts college to rethink the traditional liberal arts education and adopt an engineering curriculum. That pioneering approach continues today with an education that encourages students to work beyond the limits of disciplinary boundaries, allowing them to think globally and lead innovatively in a world where problem solving requires breadth across humanities, arts, social sciences, science, and engineering.
Diversity at Union College
Union College is an equal opportunity employer and strongly committed to student and workforce diversity. Increasing diversity on campus is a critical priority for Union, one that is integral to our mission of preparing students for a globally interconnected world. Union provides a blend of intellectual, social and cultural opportunities to facilitate the integrated academic, social and personal development of a diverse community. We value and are committed to a host of diverse populations and cultures including, but not limited to, those based on race, religion, disability, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, national origin and veteran status. Union College is committed to providing access and will provide reasonable accommodation in its application process to individuals with disabilities that request such accommodations.
Union College will not discriminate in the recruitment or selection of faculty and employees, or in any other area of employment, on the basis of age, sex, race, national origin, religion, religious belief, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression and veteran status. In this regard, opportunities for advancement will be made available without bias. The College is also subject to state and federal laws, supports efforts to attract and retain fully qualified women and other minority group members for faculty and other positions. Union College will comply with the letter and intent of all State and Federal laws and applicable orders pursuant to Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action.