Job no: 493017
Appointment Type: Staff Full-time
Department: Campus Safety
Position Grade: M06
Work Days: Varies based on the business need.
Shift Start/End Time: Varies based on the business need.
Hours Per Week: 40
Weeks Per Year: 52
- Drivers must possess and maintain a valid New State Commercial Drivers License, minimum class "B" with "P" endorsement.
- 2+ years of transportation driving experience
- Strong communications skills for working with a diverse group of college Faculty, Staff and Students
- Drivers are subject to commercial driver’s license (CDL) standards.
- All drivers are subject to random drug and alcohol testing as mandated by citations “49 CFR 382” & “49 CFR 40”
- Duties of the driver include a pre-trip inspection of the equipment to be used during the designated route
- Provide the dispatcher with trip information prior to the start of each trip
- Maintain the scheduled times and locations as posted for the Trolley Service
- Report all concerns of vehicle safety, including concerns of safety for the community being served, i.e. road hazards, sick or intoxicated students to the immediate supervisor from Campus Safety
- Report any incidents whether they appear minor or major to the driver
- Other duties and projects as assigned.
We offer exceptional benefits including, but not limited to the following:
- Generous Vacation, Sick and Personal Time
- Winter Recess Break in Addition to Paid Holidays
- Healthcare, Dental, and Vision Insurance (Flexible Spending and Dependent Care Accounts)
- Free On-Campus Fitness Facility Access and Discounts for On-Campus Wellness Programs
- Employee Scholarships toward Certifications, Seminars, Training and Professional Development
- Pre and Post Tax participation in a 403(b) Retirement Plan
- Salary Continuation Program in the event of Disability
- Tuition Assistance Program for Employee, Spouse and/or Dependents
Note: All new hires of Union College are subject to a thorough education, work experience, criminal history background check and pre-employment physical where applicable.
Officially chartered in 1795, Union College is the fifth oldest liberal arts college in the country. Located in the Capital District of New York State, Union is a highly selective residential and undergraduate college, home to 2,200 students and 220 faculty, and offering 44 majors. Union was the first liberal arts college to rethink the traditional liberal arts education and adopt an engineering curriculum. That pioneering approach continues today with an education that encourages students to work beyond the limits of disciplinary boundaries, allowing them to think globally and lead innovatively in a world where problem solving requires breadth across humanities, arts, social sciences, science, and engineering.
Diversity at Union College
Union College is an equal opportunity employer and strongly committed to student and workforce diversity. Increasing diversity on campus is a critical priority for Union, one that is integral to our mission of preparing students for a globally interconnected world. Union provides a blend of intellectual, social and cultural opportunities to facilitate the integrated academic, social and personal development of a diverse community. We value and are committed to a host of diverse populations and cultures including, but not limited to, those based on race, religion, disability, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, national origin and veteran status. Union College is committed to providing access and will provide reasonable accommodation in its application process to individuals with disabilities that request such accommodations.
Union College will not discriminate in the recruitment or selection of faculty and employees, or in any other area of employment, on the basis of age, sex, race, national origin, religion, religious belief, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression and veteran status. In this regard, opportunities for advancement will be made available without bias. The College is also subject to state and federal laws, supports efforts to attract and retain fully qualified women and other minority group members for faculty and other positions. Union College will comply with the letter and intent of all State and Federal laws and applicable orders pursuant to Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action.
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend