Job no: 492892
Appointment Type: Staff Full-time
Department: Financial Aid
Position Grade: CSVII
Work Days: Monday - Friday
Shift Start/End Time: 8:00 a.m. - 4:24 p.m.
Hours Per Week: 37
Weeks Per Year: 52
- Associate’s Degree or equivalent experience.
- Proficiency in software programs including Microsoft Word, Excel, Google Suite, and PowerPoint.
- Experience with integrated student management software such as Colleague, a plus.
- Ability to multitask, work independently, and prioritize a heavy workload appropriately.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills essential.
- Strong customer service skills are essential.
- Demonstrated aptitude for positive interaction with a diverse group of students and parents.
- Serve as liaison to several offices on campus including admissions, bursar, registrar, dean of students, office of residence life, and information technology to confirm that updates among offices are being shared with appropriate staff with regularity.
- Assist students and parents with navigating the financial aid application process.
- Answer phones, greet visitors, and manage the general financial aid email account.
- Coordinate mass mailings, mass emails, and annual postcard mailing.
- Manage and coordinate the financial aid award letter process for incoming and returning students.
- Annually review the previous years’ cover letters and award letter process to identify any necessary updates;
create new cover letters as programs are added and/or revised.
- Review incoming documents for accuracy and track to the appropriate student record.
- Create a spreadsheet to assist in monitoring incomplete aid applications with estimated scholarship expenditures.
- Create and/or update power point presentations.
- Assist in linking the CSS Profile applications and Noncustodial Profiles.
- On going training of staff resulting from changes in regulations, process and/or workflow changes.
- Provide adequate orientation, training, and supervision of work-study students.
- Coordinate and update the monthly parent newsletters and the first-year student communications in collaboration with the communications Office.
- Update the office procedures folder to reflect any changes in processing.
- Order office supplies and process office payments.
- Other duties and projects as assigned.
We offer exceptional benefits including, but not limited to the following:
- Generous Vacation, Sick and Personal Time
- Winter Recess Break in Addition to Paid Holidays
- Healthcare, Dental, and Vision Insurance (Flexible Spending and Dependent Care Accounts)
- Free On-Campus Fitness Facility Access and Discounts for On-Campus Wellness Programs
- Employee Scholarships toward Certifications, Seminars, Training and Professional Development
- Pre and Post Tax participation in a 403(b) Retirement Plan
- Salary Continuation Program in the event of Disability
- Tuition Assistance Program for Employee, Spouse and/or Dependents
Note: All new hires of Union College are subject to a thorough education, work experience, criminal history background check and pre-employment physical where applicable.
Officially chartered in 1795, Union College is the fifth oldest liberal arts college in the country. Located in the Capital District of New York State, Union is a highly selective residential and undergraduate college, home to 2,200 students and 220 faculty, and offering 44 majors. Union was the first liberal arts college to rethink the traditional liberal arts education and adopt an engineering curriculum. That pioneering approach continues today with an education that encourages students to work beyond the limits of disciplinary boundaries, allowing them to think globally and lead innovatively in a world where problem solving requires breadth across humanities, arts, social sciences, science, and engineering.
Diversity at Union College
Union College is an equal opportunity employer and strongly committed to student and workforce diversity. Increasing diversity on campus is a critical priority for Union, one that is integral to our mission of preparing students for a globally interconnected world. Union provides a blend of intellectual, social and cultural opportunities to facilitate the integrated academic, social and personal development of a diverse community. We value and are committed to a host of diverse populations and cultures including, but not limited to, those based on race, religion, disability, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, national origin and veteran status. Union College is committed to providing access and will provide reasonable accommodation in its application process to individuals with disabilities that request such accommodations.
Union College will not discriminate in the recruitment or selection of faculty and employees, or in any other area of employment, on the basis of age, sex, race, national origin, religion, religious belief, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression and veteran status. In this regard, opportunities for advancement will be made available without bias. The College is also subject to state and federal laws, supports efforts to attract and retain fully qualified women and other minority group members for faculty and other positions. Union College will comply with the letter and intent of all State and Federal laws and applicable orders pursuant to Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action.
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend