Union College, a highly selective liberal arts institution located in Schenectady, New York is accepting applications for the position of full-time Head Women’s Basketball Coach. The women’s basketball program is a member of NCAA Division III and the Liberty League.
- All head coaching aspects of a highly competitive Division III women’s basketball program including but not limited to: recruiting, training, student-athlete development, academic monitoring, budget management, fund raising and alumnae outreach, scheduling, rules and compliance.
- Additional responsibilities include a secondary assignment, as well as other duties and projects as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree required, master’s degree is strongly preferred.
- Evidence of at least five years successful women’s basketball coaching experience required, preferably at the college/university level; demonstrated recruitment of high achieving student-athletes.
- Candidates must have an understanding of NCAA rules and regulations, along with a philosophy compatible with a liberal arts college with highly selective academic standards.
- Candidate must be able to work effectively with a diverse group of individuals.
The College is committed to excellence in academics and athletics, diversity, inclusion and a well-balanced, broad based intercollegiate athletics program dedicated to the concept of the student-athlete.
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until position is filled. First consideration will be given to those applications received by Friday, June 18th. Only online applications will be accepted. Please find this position at http://jobs.union.edu, and follow the submission instructions.
Union College is an equal opportunity employer and strongly committed to student and workforce diversity and inclusion.
We offer exceptional benefits including, but not limited to the following:
- Generous Vacation, Sick and Personal Time
- Winter Recess Break in Addition to Paid Holidays
- Healthcare, Dental, and Vision Insurance (Flexible Spending and Dependent Care Accounts)
- Free On-Campus Fitness Facility Access and Discounts for On-Campus Wellness Programs
- Employee Scholarships toward Certifications, Seminars, Training and Professional Development
- Pre and Post Tax participation in a 403(b) Retirement Plan
- Salary Continuation Program in the event of Disability
- Tuition Assistance Program for Employee, Spouse and/or Dependents
Note: All new hires of Union College are subject to a thorough education, work experience, and criminal history background check.
Officially chartered in 1795, Union College is the fifth-oldest liberal arts college in the country. Located in the Capital District of New York State, Union is a highly selective residential and undergraduate college, home to 2,200 students and 220 faculty, and offering 44 majors. Union was the first liberal arts college to rethink the traditional liberal arts education and adopt an engineering curriculum. That pioneering approach continues today with an education that encourages students to work beyond the limits of disciplinary boundaries, allowing them to think globally and lead innovatively in a world where problem solving requires breadth across humanities, arts, social sciences, science, and engineering.
Diversity at Union College
Union College is an equal opportunity employer and strongly committed to student and workforce diversity. Increasing diversity on campus is a critical priority for Union, one that is integral to our mission of preparing students for a globally interconnected world. Union provides a blend of intellectual, social and cultural opportunities to facilitate the integrated academic, social and personal development of a diverse community. We value and are committed to a host of diverse populations and cultures including, but not limited to, those based on race, religion, disability, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, national origin and veteran status. Union College is committed to providing access and will provide reasonable accommodation in its application process to individuals with disabilities that request such accommodations.
Union College will not discriminate in the recruitment or selection of faculty and employees, or in any other area of employment, on the basis of age, sex, race, national origin, religion, religious belief, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression and veteran status. In this regard, opportunities for advancement will be made available without bias. The College is also subject to state and federal laws, supports efforts to attract and retain fully qualified women and other minority group members for faculty and other positions. Union College will comply with the letter and intent of all State and Federal laws and applicable orders pursuant to Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action.