The Marketing and Outreach Manager will act as the project manager for admissions and other external recruitment communications: organizing and shepherding projects through the development cycle, setting timelines, organizing production schedules, identifying budget allocations, coordinating task assignments, and participating in the production of the work as necessary. This position reports to the Vice President for Admissions, Financial Aid and Enrollment, with an expectation of providing monthly updates that will be shared with the president. This individual will closely partner with the Associate Dean of Admissions in charge of admissions communications and key individuals on the Communications team, while working with all members of both teams to bring projects to fruition.
- Attends and contributes to weekly production meetings for new project and on-going project evaluation.
- Partner with others in the offices of Admissions and Communications on executing the recruitment marketing strategy, including attending staff meetings in both areas.
- Collaborate with campus colleagues (faculty, staff and students) and third party vendors in the planning, coordination and production of marketing initiatives.
- Provide support through the writing, editing, development, and implementation of integrated communication strategies to advance the College’s strategic goals and visibility, including email, web, social media, video, and print communication.
- Assist with updating presentations, resizing images for email, updating recruitment and other communication materials as needed.
- Engage in necessary training to keep current with technologies and methodologies used for graphic design, web design, print media, and production.
- Identify and catalogue students, alumni, faculty, and staff who are appropriate to profile and assist in coordination of scheduling photo/video shoots.
- Help maintain inventory of marketing collateral; provide support in keeping accurate records and preparing reports.
- Experience in project management, including the management of multiple simultaneous projects
- Ability to be creative, compelling and concise, particularly in design, across a variety of messages ranging from those that tell the College’s story to those that are purely transactional in nature
- Committed to the work of the College’s diversity plan
- Minimum of three years of marketing and communications experience
- Ability to use marketing strategies for engaging different audiences, including digital and emerging technologies and drip marketing campaigns
- Track record of organizational and digital literacy skills
- Excellent prioritization and problem-solving skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Proven ability to work independently and as a member of a team
- Willingness to participate in office tasks as assigned
- Willingness to work occasional evenings and/or weekends as needed
- Bachelor’s degree
- Design skills
- Experience with CRMs, project management software and/or other database systems
- Experience with Photoshop and InDesign
- Experience in web design including skills in HTML and CSS
- Slate knowledge base
- Ability to create and edit web content through CMS
- Knowledge of digital marketing strategies
We offer exceptional benefits including, but not limited to the following:
- Generous Vacation, Sick and Personal Time
- Winter Recess Break in Addition to Paid Holidays
- Healthcare, Dental, and Vision Insurance (Flexible Spending and Dependent Care Accounts)
- Free On-Campus Fitness Facility Access and Discounts for On-Campus Wellness Programs
- Employee Scholarships toward Certifications, Seminars, Training and Professional Development
- Pre and Post Tax participation in a 403(b) Retirement Plan
- Salary Continuation Program in the event of Disability
- Tuition Assistance Program for Employee, Spouse and/or Dependents
Note: All new hires of Union College are subject to a thorough education, work experience, and criminal history background check.
Officially chartered in 1795, Union College is the fifth oldest liberal arts college in the country. Located in the Capital District of New York State, Union is a highly selective residential and undergraduate college, home to 2,200 students and 220 faculty, and offering 44 majors. Union was the first liberal arts college to rethink the traditional liberal arts education and adopt an engineering curriculum. That pioneering approach continues today with an education that encourages students to work beyond the limits of disciplinary boundaries, allowing them to think globally and lead innovatively in a world where problem solving requires breadth across humanities, arts, social sciences, science, and engineering.
Diversity at Union College
Union College is an equal opportunity employer and strongly committed to student and workforce diversity. Increasing diversity on campus is a critical priority for Union, one that is integral to our mission of preparing students for a globally interconnected world. Union provides a blend of intellectual, social and cultural opportunities to facilitate the integrated academic, social and personal development of a diverse community. We value and are committed to a host of diverse populations and cultures including, but not limited to, those based on race, religion, disability, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, national origin and veteran status. Union College is committed to providing access and will provide reasonable accommodation in its application process to individuals with disabilities that request such accommodations.
Union College will not discriminate in the recruitment or selection of faculty and employees, or in any other area of employment, on the basis of age, sex, race, national origin, religion, religious belief, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression and veteran status. In this regard, opportunities for advancement will be made available without bias. The College is also subject to state and federal laws, supports efforts to attract and retain fully qualified women and other minority group members for faculty and other positions. Union College will comply with the letter and intent of all State and Federal laws and applicable orders pursuant to Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action.