The Director of STEP Program will oversee the day-to-day operations of the program. Some of the key responsibilities will involve:
- Developing, organizing and implementing Academic year and Summer STEP Programs
- Partnering with Schenectady school district to recruit and retain students for the STEP program
- Overseeing budget of all programs, budget planning and grant reports
- Developing appropriate advertising and web-site materials, maintain social media sites
- Attending community based meetings to present educational programs, progress and goals of the STEP program
- Providing reports to the New York State Department of Education
- Writing and organizing proposals for funding
Please note: this position is funded by a grant from the New York State Department of Education and is contingent on grant funding.
- Bachelor’s degree in a liberal arts field.
- 3-5 years' experience running programs working with college and school aged populations
- 1-3 years' experience working with grant funded positions
- Familiarity with computer programs including Microsoft Office and G-Suites
- Ability to work with college students, elementary school faculty and communicate with families in a reassuring, professional and efficient way.
- Ability to work with youth and adults from a diverse array of backgrounds.
- Must have a commitment to social justice
We offer exceptional benefits including, but not limited to the following:
- Generous Vacation, Sick and Personal Time
- Winter Recess Break in Addition to Paid Holidays
- Healthcare, Dental, and Vision Insurance (Flexible Spending and Dependent Care Accounts)
- Free On-Campus Fitness Facility Access and Discounts for On-Campus Wellness Programs
- Employee Scholarships toward Certifications, Seminars, Training and Professional Development
- 11% Employer Contribution to the 403(b) Retirement Plan
- Salary Continuation Program in the event of Disability
- Tuition Assistance Program for Employee, Spouse and/or Dependents
Note: All new hires of Union College are subject to a thorough education, work experience, and criminal history background check.
Officially chartered in 1795, Union College is the fifth oldest liberal arts college in the country. Located in the Capital District of New York State, Union is a highly selective residential and undergraduate college, home to 2,200 students and 220 faculty, and offering 44 majors. Union was the first liberal arts college to rethink the traditional liberal arts education and adopt an engineering curriculum. That pioneering approach continues today with an education that encourages students to work beyond the limits of disciplinary boundaries, allowing them to think globally and lead innovatively in a world where problem solving requires breadth across humanities, arts, social sciences, science, and engineering.
Diversity at Union College
Union College is an equal opportunity employer and strongly committed to student and workforce diversity. Increasing diversity on campus is a critical priority for Union, one that is integral to our mission of preparing students for a globally interconnected world. Union provides a blend of intellectual, social and cultural opportunities to facilitate the integrated academic, social and personal development of a diverse community. We value and are committed to a host of diverse populations and cultures including, but not limited to, those based on race, religion, disability, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, national origin and veteran status. Union College is committed to providing access and will provide reasonable accommodation in its application process to individuals with disabilities that request such accommodations.
Union College will not discriminate in the recruitment or selection of faculty and employees, or in any other area of employment, on the basis of age, sex, race, national origin, religion, religious belief, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression and veteran status. In this regard, opportunities for advancement will be made available without bias. The College is also subject to state and federal laws, supports efforts to attract and retain fully qualified women and other minority group members for faculty and other positions. Union College will comply with the letter and intent of all State and Federal laws and applicable orders pursuant to Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action.