The Becker Career Center Operations Coordinator will report directly to the Senior Associate Director and collaborate with the entire Career Center team with an emphasis on employer relations efforts, data analytics, and managing the Becker Career Center calendar of events and online appointment scheduling system (Handshake.)
- Associate of Arts, Business or similar field.
- Three to five years of customer service and administrative experience or any combination of education, experience or capabilities.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational, and verbal and written skills.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Google, and Internet tools are all required.
- Knowledge of recruiting systems software or the ability to learn the software quickly is preferred.
- Ability to work independently on projects, and manage and organize multiple priorities in a timely manner.
- A strong interest in interacting with and assisting diverse college students in a professional environment is highly desirable.
- Manage and maintain the career management system, which is Handshake.
- Track and produce metrics for the Becker Career Center Annual Report and other office wide reports.
- Support employer relations efforts including executing Union College's annual career fair.
- Schedule rooms and request services (e.g. facility, dining services, media) as required to support Career Center events and programs.
- Oversee student workers supporting employer relations efforts.
- Other duties and projects as assigned.
Note: All new hires of Union College are subject to a thorough education, work experience, criminal history background check and pre-employment physical where applicable.
Officially chartered in 1795, Union College is the fifth oldest liberal arts college in the country. Located in the Capital District of New York State, Union is a highly selective residential and undergraduate college, home to 2,200 students and 220 faculty, and offering 44 majors. Union was the first liberal arts college to rethink the traditional liberal arts education and adopt an engineering curriculum. That pioneering approach continues today with an education that encourages students to work beyond the limits of disciplinary boundaries, allowing them to think globally and lead innovatively in a world where problem solving requires breadth across humanities, arts, social sciences, science, and engineering.
Union College offers an exceptional benefits package that includes medical, dental, and vision insurance, life and disability coverage, a generous 11% retirement plan contribution and tuition remission.
Diversity at Union College
Union College is an equal opportunity employer and strongly committed to student and workforce diversity. Increasing diversity on campus is a critical priority for Union, one that is integral to our mission of preparing students for a globally interconnected world. Union provides a blend of intellectual, social and cultural opportunities to facilitate the integrated academic, social and personal development of a diverse community. We value and are committed to a host of diverse populations and cultures including, but not limited to, those based on race, religion, disability, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, national origin and veteran status. Union College is committed to providing access and will provide reasonable accommodation in its application process to individuals with disabilities that request such accommodations.
Union College will not discriminate in the recruitment or selection of faculty and employees, or in any other area of employment, on the basis of age, sex, race, national origin, religion, religious belief, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression and veteran status. In this regard, opportunities for advancement will be made available without bias. The College is also subject to state and federal laws, supports efforts to attract and retain fully qualified women and other minority group members for faculty and other positions. Union College will comply with the letter and intent of all State and Federal laws and applicable orders pursuant to Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action.