Work Days: Varies
Shift Start/End Time: Varies
Hours Per Week: 40
Weeks Per Year: 52
- Delivers requested food and beverage to the delivery location, sets up all food and beverage with a professional appearance and in a logical manner, and makes sure all condiments and serviceware are available as needed.
- Ensures all provided food and beverages are cleaned up at the end of the meeting or requested pick-up time.
- Maintains a clean and organized working environment and professional appearance.
- Complies with all HACCP policies and procedures.
- Complies with all safety and risk management policies and procedures.
- Participates in regular safety meetings, safety training and hazard assessments.
- Opens and closes the kitchen for concessions, when applicable
- Supervises and works with staff to setup concessions booths and also assists in setting up catering events
- Set up of concessions for all Football and Hockey games
- Organizes and orders a variety of foods from a number of vendors
- Handles all serving aspects during meal times
- Training, staffing, or assisting of new employees
- Cash handling, balancing of the drawers and making deposits
Qualifications: High school diploma or equivalent required. Two-year degree in Culinary Arts or Dining Service Administration preferred. Minimum 2 years catering experience is required with supervisory experience preferred. Willingness to be open to learning and growing. Maintains high standards for work areas and appearance. Ability to work a flexible schedule. Must comply with dress code requirements. Must be able to work nights, weekends and some holidays. Must be safety conscious and promote these ideals with department employees. Must be able to use a computer.
Note: All new hires of Union College are subject to a thorough education, work experience, criminal history background check and pre-employment physical where applicable.
Officially chartered in 1795, Union College is the fifth oldest liberal arts college in the country. Located in the Capital District of New York State, Union is a highly selective residential and undergraduate college, home to 2,200 students and 220 faculty, and offering 44 majors. Union was the first liberal arts college to rethink the traditional liberal arts education and adopt an engineering curriculum. That pioneering approach continues today with an education that encourages students to work beyond the limits of disciplinary boundaries, allowing them to think globally and lead innovatively in a world where problem solving requires breadth across humanities, arts, social sciences, science, and engineering.
Union College offers an exceptional benefits package that includes medical, dental, and vision insurance, life and disability coverage, a generous 11% retirement plan contribution and tuition remission.
Diversity at Union College
Union College is an equal opportunity employer and strongly committed to student and workforce diversity. Increasing diversity on campus is a critical priority for Union, one that is integral to our mission of preparing students for a globally interconnected world. Union provides a blend of intellectual, social and cultural opportunities to facilitate the integrated academic, social and personal development of a diverse community. We value and are committed to a host of diverse populations and cultures including, but not limited to, those based on race, religion, disability, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, national origin and veteran status. Union College is committed to providing access and will provide reasonable accommodation in its application process to individuals with disabilities that request such accommodations.
Union College will not discriminate in the recruitment or selection of faculty and employees, or in any other area of employment, on the basis of age, sex, race, national origin, religion, religious belief, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression and veteran status. In this regard, opportunities for advancement will be made available without bias. The College is also subject to state and federal laws, supports efforts to attract and retain fully qualified women and other minority group members for faculty and other positions. Union College will comply with the letter and intent of all State and Federal laws and applicable orders pursuant to Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action.