Work Days: Varies based on the business need.
Shift Start/End Time: Varies based on the business need.
Hours Per Week: Varies based on the business need.
Weeks Per Year: Varies based on the business need.
The Union Campus Store is seeking temporary sales associates to help in every area of the bookstore and convenience store. This temporary position may lead to a permanent part-time role.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to effectively communicate with diverse audiences.
- Ability to work flexible non-traditional hours and game days is required.
- Previous customer service experience preferred.
- Provide a superior customer service experience for all customers.
- Accurate and efficient cash handling at register.
- Process e-commerce orders.
- Answer and direct telephone calls and emails, providing excellent customer service.
- Assist customers with merchandise location and selection.
- Assist in all departments within the store as needed including working at the cash register, stocking merchandise, textbooks, shipping/receiving, sales floor maintenance and displays, data entry, phone calls, processing price changes and other duties as necessary.
- Process refunds and exchanges in accordance with store policies.
- Participates in the physical inventory process and assists with related data entry.
- Assist customers and processes transactions at retail locations and athletic events as needed.
- Other duties and projects as assigned.
Note: All new hires of Union College are subject to a thorough education, work experience, criminal history background check and pre-employment physical where applicable.
Officially chartered in 1795, Union College is the fifth oldest liberal arts college in the country. Located in the Capital District of New York State, Union is a highly selective residential and undergraduate college, home to 2,200 students and 220 faculty, and offering 44 majors. Union was the first liberal arts college to rethink the traditional liberal arts education and adopt an engineering curriculum. That pioneering approach continues today with an education that encourages students to work beyond the limits of disciplinary boundaries, allowing them to think globally and lead innovatively in a world where problem solving requires breadth across humanities, arts, social sciences, science, and engineering.
Diversity at Union College
Union College is an equal opportunity employer and strongly committed to student and workforce diversity. Increasing diversity on campus is a critical priority for Union, one that is integral to our mission of preparing students for a globally interconnected world. Union provides a blend of intellectual, social and cultural opportunities to facilitate the integrated academic, social and personal development of a diverse community. We value and are committed to a host of diverse populations and cultures including, but not limited to, those based on race, religion, disability, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, national origin and veteran status. Union College is committed to providing access and will provide reasonable accommodation in its application process to individuals with disabilities that request such accommodations.
Union College will not discriminate in the recruitment or selection of faculty and employees, or in any other area of employment, on the basis of age, sex, race, national origin, religion, religious belief, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression and veteran status. In this regard, opportunities for advancement will be made available without bias. The College is also subject to state and federal laws, supports efforts to attract and retain fully qualified women and other minority group members for faculty and other positions. Union College will comply with the letter and intent of all State and Federal laws and applicable orders pursuant to Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action.