Reporting to the Vice President for Student Affairs and Dean of Students the Executive Director of the Becker Career Center will be responsible for providing and implementing the strategic vision for the Career Center. Additionally, the Director will oversee the daily operations, and educational programming for liberal arts and engineering students and alumni at Union College.
- Master’s degree in higher education or related discipline required.
- Eight to ten years of progressively responsible career management experience in a higher education setting; non-traditional backgrounds with substantial career-related management and administration experience will be seriously considered.
- Experience with strategic implementation of career related information technologies, data collection and analysis to enhance career center programs and services required.
- Proven expertise in organizing, coordinating, and executing the delivery of high-quality programs and services.
- Demonstrated professional experience establishing collaborative partnerships, communicating a clear vision, moving strategic initiatives to fruition, and mentoring staff in their defined areas.
- Proven professional experience effectively supervising staff.
- Excellent organizational skills with proven ability to effectively balance competing priorities.
- Strong interpersonal communication skills, including the presence and poise to develop and foster collaborative relationships with employers, students, parents, stakeholders, and alumni from diverse backgrounds.
- Lead and serve as the brand ambassador to cultivate and maintain internal and external collaborative relationships with key stakeholders such as faculty, administration, alumni, parents, and employers to enhance experiential education programs, internships and employment opportunities.
- Serve as the public face of Union College with prospective employers, alumni, corporate and organizational partners in developing and providing a wide range of applied learning and employment opportunities for students and alumni.
- Lead, manage, and equip a team of career professionals, while encouraging an environment that develops creativity, innovation, and professional growth.
- Further develop and implement strategic career education programming focused on developing professional communication skills, thoughtful leadership and decision making, job application matters, and more.
- Assist with student recruitment by attending events to inform/educate about the Career Center’s role at Union.
- Conduct consistent and strategic active and innovative outreach to alumni, employers, and members of the Union external communities.
- Identify, analyze, and report on key performance indicators to measure the efficiency of programs and services offered.
- Conduct fiscal planning and management for career services, including all operations and staffing matters.
- Attend alumni events to cultivate relationships and spread awareness about the Career Center.
- Participate in local, regional, national memberships/committees to further expansion opportunities (e.g. Liberal Arts Career Network (LACN), National Association of Colleges and Employers, Chamber of Commerce, CEG, Saratoga Technology Energy Park, etc.)
- Other duties and projects as assigned.
We offer exceptional benefits including, but not limited to the following:
- Generous Vacation, Sick and Personal Time
- Winter Recess Break in Addition to Paid Holidays
- Healthcare, Dental, and Vision Insurance (Flexible Spending and Dependent Care Accounts)
- Free On-Campus Fitness Facility Access and Discounts for On-Campus Wellness Programs
- Employee Scholarships toward Certifications, Seminars, Training and Professional Development
- Pre and Post Tax participation in a 403(b) Retirement Plan
- Salary Continuation Program in the event of Disability
- Tuition Assistance Program for Employee, Spouse and/or Dependents
Note: All new hires of Union College are subject to a thorough education, work experience, and criminal history background check.
Officially chartered in 1795, Union College is the fifth oldest liberal arts college in the country. Located in the Capital District of New York State, Union is a highly selective residential and undergraduate college, home to 2,200 students and 220 faculty, and offering 44 majors. Union was the first liberal arts college to rethink the traditional liberal arts education and adopt an engineering curriculum. That pioneering approach continues today with an education that encourages students to work beyond the limits of disciplinary boundaries, allowing them to think globally and lead innovatively in a world where problem solving requires breadth across humanities, arts, social sciences, science, and engineering.
Diversity at Union College
Union College is an equal opportunity employer and strongly committed to student and workforce diversity. Increasing diversity on campus is a critical priority for Union, one that is integral to our mission of preparing students for a globally interconnected world. Union provides a blend of intellectual, social and cultural opportunities to facilitate the integrated academic, social and personal development of a diverse community. We value and are committed to a host of diverse populations and cultures including, but not limited to, those based on race, religion, disability, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, national origin and veteran status. Union College is committed to providing access and will provide reasonable accommodation in its application process to individuals with disabilities that request such accommodations.
Union College will not discriminate in the recruitment or selection of faculty and employees, or in any other area of employment, on the basis of age, sex, race, national origin, religion, religious belief, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression and veteran status. In this regard, opportunities for advancement will be made available without bias. The College is also subject to state and federal laws, supports efforts to attract and retain fully qualified women and other minority group members for faculty and other positions. Union College will comply with the letter and intent of all State and Federal laws and applicable orders pursuant to Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action.